The Clusters – A Warning For Men
If you’re not familiar with the clusters, these are certain behaviors that are not quite mental illnesses but pretty darn close for any man who has witnessed the associated behaviors. Here’s the summary from Wikipedia (link below).
Cluster A (odd or eccentric disorders)
- Paranoid personality disorder: characterized by irrational suspicions and mistrust of others.
- Schizoid personality disorder: lack of interest in social relationships, seeing no point in sharing time with others, anhedonia [great word!], introspection.
- Schizotypal personality disorder: characterized by odd behavior or thinking.
Cluster B (dramatic, emotional or erratic disorders)
- Antisocial personality disorder: a pervasive disregard for the rights of others, lack of empathy, and (generally) a pattern of regular criminal activity.
- Borderline personality disorder: extreme “black and white” thinking, instability in relationships, self-image, identity and behavior often leading to self-harm and impulsivity.
- Histrionic personality disorder: pervasive attention-seeking behavior including inappropriately seductive behavior and shallow or exaggerated emotions.
- Narcissistic personality disorder: a pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, and a lack of empathy. Characterized by self-importance, preoccupations with fantasies, belief that they are special, including a sense of entitlement and a need for excessive admiration, and extreme levels of jealousy and arrogance.
Cluster C (anxious or fearful disorders)
- Avoidant personality disorder: pervasive feelings of social inhibition and social inadequacy, extreme sensitivity to negative evaluation and avoidance of social interaction.
- Dependent personality disorder: pervasive psychological dependence on other people.
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (not the same as obsessive-compulsive disorder): characterized by rigid conformity to rules, moral codes and excessive orderliness.
This originates from the American Psychiatric Association’s The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Must give credit to where it’s due. There are links all over the Wikipedia page for further research. I also strongly recommend Dr Tara J. Palmatier and her website, shrink4men (link below). The stories on her website are heartbreaking and serve as an excellent warning.
The concept of batshit crazy woman is a common theme across the Manosphere. Heartiste refers to it as “hot girl crazy” and has a good post on it (link below). I once tweeted “The hotter the woman, the lower the standards of good mental health” because men too often allow serious personality issues to slide when dealing with a very attractive woman.
These behaviors can be extremely serious stuff and can too easily ruin a man’s life. The Cluster B behaviors are particularly insidious and may not reveal themselves until after a man commits to a woman with such behaviors. This is the realm of Dr. Palmatier and how she helps men dealing with such women. Based on what I have read on her website, Cluster B women know their personalities are screwed up and hide the wretched and life-sucking behavior until they can get a man to commit to her.
Men need to protect themselves:
1. Learn about these behaviors and be observant of women’s behavior while dating or in an exclusive relationship. Be prepared to bail out quickly.
2. Be extremely prudent about revealing too much personal information that could be used against you later.
3. Don’t become exclusive or commit too soon. The Cluster B woman will eventually get impatient and that can easily reveal her true personality.
4. Marriage or cohabitation should be entered with extreme caution and a very long time of prior exclusivity. How long? Think two years or longer.
A Cluster B woman can be awfully attractive until she reveals her true nature. Many men report to wildest and best sex with such women only to be blindsided later in the relationship with extraordinarily destructive behavior. A man’s penis has little capacity for analyzing non-sexual behavior.