I’ve finally decided to add video content to my blog. After experimenting with sound and my phone as a video camera along with some help from a buddy (thanks Rafael!), I finally figured out how to make a decent video. My brother was also very helpful (thanks Bro!).
The video podcast is embedded below. As this is my first, it’s a bit rough around the edges. However, I will learn more and use more of the camera features and Youtube features to make the video podcasts better.
As I state in the video, each subsequent video podcast will focus on one particular attraction and dating topic for about 10-15 minutes. As I will be keeping the videos simple, it will be easy to just listen to the audio without losing the gist of the overall video podcast content.
It’s my hope to produce and publish one video podcast weekly. I will get better at it through practice and input from my readers. Everyone is welcome to comment here on my blog. I’m also letting all comments go through on Youtube. The nasty ones I will delete.
Going forward, I might try some other types of videos that are more personal. I think a guided video tour of Lauderdale-by-the-Sea (where I live) could be something fun. I would, of course, feature my ugly dog in such a video. Your ideas are welcome for future videos, as long as I have the equipment and skills for your ideas.
This is exciting for me because I will have an entirely different medium to get my attraction and dating advice to my audience. Thanks for watching.
Production Notes (I tried to keep things as simple as possible)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Android smart phone (1280 x 720 resolution, other settings default to video camera)
- 32 MB Micro SD card (set up specifies that videos are stored on memory card)
- Wired earbuds with attached microphone (no additional sound mixing done)
- Tripod adapter for phone/camera (“Slik” brand full-size tripod)
- Natural lighting through open windows
- Microsoft Movie Maker (also converts back to MP4 format)
Publishing and further enhancements:
- Record raw video to Micro SD memory card in smartphone
- Copy video file to PC
- Open video with MS Movie Maker
- Complete basic editing
- Save video as MS Movie Maker project (optional)
- Save video as MP4
- Upload video to Youtube account
- Add Youtube enhancements (annotations with links)
- Save changes
- Preview video and make changes as necessary in Movie Maker or Youtube
- Copy Youtube link into new blog post editing area (as a separate line item)
- Publish new blog post with completed and embedded Youtube video
[If you liked this blog post and video, support me through my Patreon. Thanks!]