A Man’s “Edge” Factor
So many times I have read this in a woman’s online dating profile:
“I’m looking for a nice guy with an edge.”
#Facepalm with the tired cliche but I’ll run with it.
This should actually read:
“I’m attracted [want to have sex with] to a guy with an edge who also happens to be nice to me but not everyone else because of his edge.”
There are two things going on here. The first is the “edge”. This is woman-speak for bad boy. Here are some of the things that give a man the edge, some are age-related (in no particular order):
- Tattoos (really?! Yeah, really. #facepalm)
- Motorcycles (or, insert any dangerous motorsports activity here but motorcycles are best)
- Willingness to take risks – physical or financial – NOT emotional
- Masculine emotional intensity (think the brooding and aloof creative artist, not the overly sensitive guys too willing to be in touch with their feminine side)
- Muscles… very obvious muscles (says the guy with the arms of a gibbon)
- Outcome independence
- Ability to overcome adversity (says the guy with an eyeball lost to cancer and still going on with life. Yeah, boasting. Top that, motherfuckers!)
- Attractiveness to other women
- Social confidence in any situation
Hell, here is another list that speaks verily to this.
Note that money and affluence don’t necessarily make for a man’s edge. Such things are about security for a woman and not necessarily about a man’s attractiveness. But do bear in mind that women too easily conflate security with attractiveness. They can’t help themselves in this regard, it’s wired into their DNA. This goes especially for post-divorce women who have not prepared for the future.
If a man with money and affluence yet lacks that “edge”, he is merely buying a woman with gifts, trips, and her ability to brag to her friends about how “generous” he is. This is particularly pronounced here in South Florida but is manifested in different ways in different cities. South Florida is not Kansas City and I know this.
A man must develop his edge. Such development must be done for himself, not merely to attract the dames. Women aren’t stupid, they know when a man is working on himself solely to please them. That kind of thing is supplication, pure and simple. Women despise that.